To heavenly father from a grateful son

By your grace, Almighty God, I turn 53 years on earth today, April 28, 2022. Wow! What a big deal! Am super excited to see this day because many wish to but are not fortunate enough to see it. In 2016, I had lost a younger sister, Tolu, at the age of 40. It was a heart rending experience. I therefore do not take it for granted that I have survived another year in a turbulent and dangerous country like Nigeria. All glory to you, heavenly father,

The Bible says in Psalm 150 verse 6: “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord”. Indeed, I have more than breath. I have life. I have children. I have a peaceful home. I have all the material things that count for one to be addressed as a successful man. I also have name and face recognition as a result of my many media advocacies. At the last count, I have featured in 44 newspapers, magazines and newsletters; 51 radio stations and 42 Television stations. This is my tenth year of writing column for The PUNCH newspaper and second year of hosting my own television programme, Development Focus with Jide Ojo on ITV. Thus far, I have anchored 63 episodes and I remain one of the most interviewed, if not the most interviewed, Public Affairs Analyst in Nigeria.  On top of it, I have also authored three books.

Yet, while I may not be where I used to be, I am not where I ought to be. I still live in a rented apartment in Abuja. I still mostly survive on borrowings as things are tough and rough for me as an Independent Development Consultant. At present, I am what the Yoruba call kola-ko’sagbe i.e. I am neither rich nor poor. I still feel insecure because of the many tragedies around the country.  I still have my fears and hope for a better life.

My prayers to you, God, on this auspicious occasion of my fifty-third birthday is for longevity, good health, joy unspeakable and effortless meeting of my needs. I am still committed to my covenant with you, God, that if you bless me, I will be a blessing to others. May I never be ashamed or put to shame!

To my birthday-mates; Mrs. Rachel Modupe Okegbola formerly of CEDPA Nigeria and the General Manager of Independent Television / Radio, Mrs. Amber Osasu Olague, I say hearty congratulations!!! May our stars continue to shine. May we continue to soar in all our noble endeavours. Cheers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wishing you the best of 2010

Insecurity: Nigerians as endangered specie

Jide Ojo, Asorogbayi, at 55