Jide Ojo’s impressive footprints at 54

 

Appreciation to almighty God for the grace to see another birthday. Living in the world, nay Nigeria for 54 years is not to be taken for granted. Lots of insecurity, diseases and afflictions that the mercy of God has made me to overcome. Yes, I may not be where I want to be but am far from where I used to be. I won’t be tired of recounting my humble background when poor people were calling my family poor due to our own extreme poverty. Imagine a family of seven living in two rooms and even at times one room in a ‘civilian barrack’. Today, my story has changed. I don’t have money but I am wealthy considering my social status and capital.

I have been able to achieve everything a man needs to have to be called successful. I was able to attend schools and today I have earned a post-graduate degree over 20 years ago. This was despite the initial challenges at gaining admission to tertiary institution after my secondary school education which I finished in 1985 at the age of 16. I struggled with my General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level and Advance Level examinations. It took me six years to transit from secondary school to the university. Many of my peers left me behind, educationally. However, to the glory of God I eventually overcame in 1991 when I was able to secure my first tertiary education admission to Ogun Poly now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. I was there for a semester before crossing over to the prestigious University of Lagos to study Political Science. Immediately I finished my National Youth Service in Delta State in 1998, I gained admission to the premier university, University of Ibadan where I did my Masters Degree in Political Science majoring in International Relations. 

If I were to be asked what am most excited about today, it’s my indelible and impressive digital footprints. By virtue of my passionate media engagements which started in 1990, Jide Ojo has become a brand. In fact, if anyone else bears my name, people are likely going to ask him if he knows me. Am very popular in the media circle and Nigeria as a whole being a newspaper columnist for 11 years now with the foremost newspaper, The PUNCH. I also anchored Development Focus with Jide Ojo on Independent Television for two years (2021 – 2022), and served as Arise TV News Analyst for two and a half years (October 2017 – March 2020). I remain a foremost Public Affairs Analyst across 55 Radio Stations, 49 Television Channels and 55 newspapers, magazines and newsletters.  As a media consultant, I was Channels TV Election Consultant during the just concluded 2023 General Elections and have been privileged to author three books.  Little wonder am now referred to by the moniker “Asorogbayi, the media oracle!” On this auspicious occasion of my 54th birthday, I say a big thank you to God, my family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues, fans and well-wishers. May we all never experience a better last year.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wishing you the best of 2010

Insecurity: Nigerians as endangered specie

Jide Ojo, Asorogbayi, at 55